[brailleblaster] Using Apache Commons exec

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:56:35 -0600

I have been llooking at the source for ApacheCommons exec, and I think
we should use it whenever we need to call a command-line program. It
appears really robust. We might even be able to call it to use MathType.
Ss I understand it, the jar file has to be compiled for each platform.
Once this is done it will go in the lib subdirectory along with the
platform's swt.jar

Of course, the word processor will call liblouisutdml with the bindings
that we already have. This is much faster and more flexible than calling
file2brl.

Thanks to Laura for suggesting this apporoach and to Susan for finding
the Ajpache Commons exec package.