[brailleblaster] Re: Multiple commands

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:47:56 +0100

I am not going to point fingers but I don't think you have been the worst culprit for this. Providing the head doesn't fall too far back in time it shouldn't be too hard to correct should such a mistake happen.

For others, the sign this has happened is if people report the changes not showing up. If it occurs then someone needs to check the heads in the repository and ensure they get merged, possibly the person who made the commit creating another head should do it as they will know what their code is meant to do.

Michael Whapples
On 31/07/2012 13:18, François Ouellette wrote:
Thanks Michael. I will make sure I merge before pushing anything new.

François.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have merged some of the heads. The issue is when people push to the
central repository from an out of date repository on their system. When
working and particularly just before pushing, try merging your changes with
the central repository if someone has made pushes since you last pulled.

Regarding the old heads, these obviously were work on something but as they
are quite old I don't know whether to merge them or just tell mercurial to
dispose of them.

Michael Wahpples
On 31/07/2012 12:05, François Ouellette wrote:
The changeset is there but for some reason I cannot pull it. mercurial
says there are 5 heads and some changes date back to August 19 last
year.

François

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM, John J. Boyer
<john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For some reason the changes didn't make it into the repository, even
though the push looks correct.

John

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:23:41PM -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
Options follow immediately after brailleblaster.jar Then the subcommand
and its arguments. It worked when I tested it with

java -jar brailleblaster.jar trranslate infiloe outfile

and

java -jar brailleblaster.jar -multcom translate infile outfile

John

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:11:26PM -0400, Vic Beckley wrote:
John,

How is the -multcom option supposed to work? If I run BB without the
option
then I get the prompt for another command. I get the same thing if I
run BB
with the option except that I get a message that -multcom is a bad
command.
I have everything up to date. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards from Ohio, U.S.A.,

Vic
E-mail: vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx