[brailleblaster] Re: MDI, SWT, etc.

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 10:47:15 +0000

How do we want multiple documents to be handled? Tabbed view, child windows, etc. May be the following snippet available on http://www.eclipse.org/swt/snippets will help: Snippet 249, "Use a stack layout to switch between composites".

I have some other comments but they will have to wait.

Michael Whapples
On 01/12/10 03:02, John J. Boyer wrote:
Where can I find a Java package for handling MDI? There is nothing
obvious in SWT.

One reason I was thinking of having a WindowCommon class is that an
application should have only one instance of the Display widget. It
could go in a static initializer in WindowCommon.

It seems to me that an abstract class combines the advantages of an
ordinary class and an interface. The methods defined in that clas can be
called from a class which extends it, and that class can also implement
methods which are only declared as in an interface.

With MDI the class hierarchy becomes something like WPManager,
DocumentManager, Daisy and braille wondows.