[brailleblaster] Re: Latest News

  • From: Chris von See <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:58:37 -0700

I'm not sure that re-synchronizing by letting liblouisutdml fix the formatting will work in all cases. My wife is a braille transcriber - she uses MegaDots primarily and DBT as a backup, and she often needs to fix things in the BRF that the tool has not translated and formatted in accordance with BANA textbook formatting rules. Granted, MegaDots is an old program, but perhaps the need to perform manual "fixes" may still apply. Susan may have some insights into this as well.

Cheers
Chris

On Jun 6, 2011, at 9:46 AM, John Gardner wrote:

Hi Chris, interesting comments. It would be good to keep word wrap for braille. If that means that word wrap is still needed for the text, wlel,
that would not be a disaster.  It will still be up to the user to keep
things in synch.

Word wrapping of the text will seldom be a problem, so maybe we should just ignore it and leave word wrap on. I see no problem with inserting many
pages of braille.  The "right" way to re-synchronize would be to just
retranslate and let liblouisutdml fix formatting.

John G