[brailleblaster] Implementing StyledTextContent

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 04:36:05 -0500

The Braille and Daisy views have quite different requirements, so it is
best to implement a StyledTextContent model for each one. I thought to
use the DefaultContent class as a starting point. The Eclipse license
permits this. Si I copied it to org.brailleblaster.wordprocessor and
started modifying it. Various import statements had to be added. When I
tried to import StyledTextEvent I was told that it was not public in the
custom SWT package. So I copied that also. Then the compiler gave the
message that it was a duplicate class, presumably because it had the
same name as a class in the classpath. So I changed the name slightly.
The compiler still gives the same message, claiming that a class with
the changed name exists in swt.custom, which it does not. It appears to
be important for the content model to use the StyledTextEvent. What is
the work-around for this problem?

Thanks,