[brailleblaster] Re: Implementing Internationalization

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 16:18:01 -0600

How about either French or Spanish?
Are there fluent speakers on this list?
Even if not, can babelfish do the job?
It has been a long time since I took french or spanish, or I would volunteer
to do the tables.

When you localize dates, would that imply any more than just translating the
months of the year and days of the week? For example, in the US, people are
in the habit of writing dates as mm/dd/yyyy whereas most of the world I
understand put the day of month first.
(In fact, in genealogical research, records always put the day first.)

Also, in math, I have heard that some countries use the comma as a decimal
point.  (I don't remember what they do with the period.)  Would this go into
internationalization as well? or is my memory deceiving me?

Just musing.
--le