[brailleblaster] Re: Howto Compile BrailleBlaster for Mac OS X on the Command Line

  • From: Cheryl Ann Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:33:36 -0500 (CDT)

There is indeed a problem with the brailleblaster release on the Mac. When I unzipped it in terminal using the zip command, it unzipped but crashed terminal. I could then only remove the resulting brailleblaster directory by using the sudo command. When I tried going into finder and using Unarchiver, I heard "Unarchiver" but never found an open unarchiver window and the brailleblaster zip file seems to now have disappeared from the directory I had it in and no brailleblaster directory was completed. I am using an Intel Mac mini running Snow Leopard and am not generally having problems unpacking zip files either with unzip or Unarchiver. Not only do I have the basic Unix system that comes with the Mac, but I also have Macports and fink installed. To have a compiling problem is one thing but there really shouldn't be a problem with just unzipping a zip file.

--
Cheryl

"Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart,