[brailleblaster] Re: Howto Compile BrailleBlaster for Mac OS X on the Command Line

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 07:46:21 -0500

Alex,

I'm glad you got the source. Compiling it would require that you install
Ant. However, this is unnecessary, since the release contains an
already-compiled jar file.

I don't have an intel Mac. In fact I just sold my PowerPC Mac, which was
six years old. When I have enough money I want to get a Mac loptop which
is actually a desktop replacement. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 03:24:58AM -0700, Alex Jurgensen wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> I had gone and got the source from Google Code.
>
> This explains a lot.
>
> Do you have Intel binaries for the LibLouis software?
>
> Regards,
> Alex,
>

> On 2011-07-12, at 3:23 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:
>
> > Alex,
> >
> > I am not sure I understand your question. If you download the latest
> > release from http://www.brailleblaster.org you do not have to compile
> > it. You will however, need a version of SWT for the Mac. Place this in
> > brailleblaster/dist/lib replacing the version of SWT that is already
> > there. Then go to brailleblaster/dist and type java -jar
> > brailleblaster.jar If you compile liblouis and liblouisutdml for the Mac
> > you can place liblouis-2.dylib and liblouisutdml.dylib in
> > brailleblaster/dist/native/lib and use the translate subcommand.
> >
> > John
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:07:37PM -0700, Alex Jurgensen wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I am trying to get Braille Blaster to work on Mac OS X.
> >>
> >> How do I get it to run?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Alex,
> >>

> > --