[brailleblaster] Re: Howto Compile BrailleBlaster for Mac OS X on the Command Line

  • From: Chris von See <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:33:37 -0700

The name of the JAR file is all lower case, not mixed case.

Also, the SWT version packaged in the "dist/lib" library is for Windows, not Mac. You'll need to replace the "dist/lib/swt.jar" with another of the same name that is for Macs. If you don't use one of the same name you'll need to update the classpath in the "brailleblaster.jar" manifest to change the name of "swt.jar".

Cheers
Chris

On Jul 12, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Alex Jurgensen wrote:

Hi Crhis,

That fixed it.

However, running "Java jar BrailleBlaster.jar" gives the following:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jar
Alexs-iMac:dist AlexJ$

I'm not sure why this is occuring.

Regards,
Alex,

On 2011-07-12, at 8:44 AM, Chris von See wrote:

Extracting the BrailleBlaster zip file using Springy gives "permission denied" errors on each item in the archive. However, downloading the archive from "www.brailleblaster.org" and using the "sudo unzip brailleblaster-1.0.0.zip" command I was able to extract the archive, and upon doing so I noticed that the "brailleblaster" directory and all of its subdirectories and files have no permissions (that is, there are no user/group/world permission bits set). Using "sudo chmod -R" with appropriate permissions fixed the problem.

I'm running Mac OS X Leopard.

Cheers
Chris

On Jul 12, 2011, at 7:33 AM, Cheryl Ann Homiak wrote:

There is indeed a problem with the brailleblaster release on the Mac. When I unzipped it in terminal using the zip command, it unzipped but crashed terminal. I could then only remove the resulting brailleblaster directory by using the sudo command. When I tried going into finder and using Unarchiver, I heard "Unarchiver" but never found an open unarchiver window and the brailleblaster zip file seems to now have disappeared from the directory I had it in and no brailleblaster directory was completed. I am using an Intel Mac mini running Snow Leopard and am not generally having problems unpacking zip files either with unzip or Unarchiver. Not only do I have the basic Unix system that comes with the Mac, but I also have Macports and fink installed. To have a compiling problem is one thing but there really shouldn't be a problem with just unzipping a zip file.

--
Cheryl

"Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart,