[brailleblaster] Co-ordinating work on the BrailleBlaster code

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 15:22:47 -0500

Now that some people are interested in the BrailleBlaster code, perhaps
we can discuss assigning different packages and classes to particular
persons. I have already assigned the localization package to my on-site
computer tech. The wordprocessor package will be revamped when I have a
good grasp of JFace. For now, I want to stick with the present setup, so
I can activate some menu items and actually get ?BrailleBlaster to do
something. The Main class doesn't need much attention. It just gets
things started and shuts them down. BBIni.java gets things set up. I
want to keep that for my own work. Subcommands.java is just a skeleton
that implements the translate subcommand and the emboss subcommand.
Someone might like to flesh it out, using the apache.cli package to
process commands. Someone might also  like to look at the embosser
package. It will contain drivers for each embosser. These will be
co-ordinated by the EmbosserManager.java class.ifferent people might
write drivers for different embossers. The genreic embosser is already
taken care of by the classes in the daisy branch of the Java hierarchy.
We need a driver for the Tiger, with appropriate saveguards for
proprietary information.