[brailleblaster] BrailleBlaster dropping a character

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 14:55:29 -0400

John,

One bug that I can duplicate 100% that I think should be fixed before we
make a release is where BrailleBlaster drops the last character of a line
that is followed by a blank line. Do the following:

Run BB and stay at the blank document screen.
Type "This is a test!" without the quotes.
Press enter twice.
Type "This is a test!" again without the quotes.
Press Alt-T, T to translate the document.
Now examine the translated text. The exclamation mark will be missing off
the first line but will be present on line 3.

If the last word on the first line ends with a contraction, the contraction
isn't performed. To see what I mean try the above with "presentation"
without the quotes.

I don't know if this would be a liblouis bug, liblouisutdml bug or
BrailleBlaster bug.

Can you duplicate this?

Best regards from Ohio, U.S.A.,

Vic