[brailleblaster] BB and the File/Open dialog

  • From: "Vic Beckley" <vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:10:51 -0500

John,

I have found that the File/Open dialog does not have the sluggishness under
XP that it does under Windows 7. XP uses a completely different Open/Save
dialog that works perfectly.

I have noticed another problem, though. In the list of directories and
files, only directories are shown. The Files of Type combobox is set to XML
files but none show up, even though I know they are there. No files show up
at all. I tried changing the Files of Type combobox to All Files but there
is no choice for that. Moving to the filename edit box and starting to type
the filename gives you the autocomplete suggestion list just like it should.

This is all with XP 32-bit on my VM and NVDA as a screen reader.

Best regards from Ohio, U.S.A.,

Vic
E-mail: vic.beckley3@xxxxxxxxx