[braille-sense] would like to hear from Braille Sense users

  • From: Lisa Ehlers <ehlersl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 03:23:11 -0800

Hello Everyone,
I posted an intro message a couple days ago and have not received any
email list for Braillenote users and received both positive and negative
feedback about the product.  My point is that receiving feedback was helpful.
Here's what I've learned about the Braille Sense so far from GW Micro tech
support.

1.  I like the idea of having a unit that has a detachble battery that does not
have to be recalibrated.

2.  I like the idea of a unit having 32 cells for a "reasonable" price.
Reasonable in terms of how notetakers with 32 cells are usually priced.

3.  The wordprocessor cannot handle simple formatting tasks like underlining.
To me formatting limitations limit this product's productivity.  A student in
college would find it difficult to write college papers if the wordprocessor
could not handle simple formatting tasks.

Any feedback I receive would be great!
Have a great week everyone.
Lisa