[braille-sense] Re: ram disk was: re: Re: is this list still active?

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:46:14 -0800

Hi,
I'm worried about fragmentation and conflicting info coming from multiple
sources.

From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx
To: <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:13:46 -0800
active?

Hi,
That's quite incorrect: not all devices have RAM disks.  Some do, including
devices powered by Windows CE.
What Rajmund refers to is portions of RAM that is dedicated for storing
commonly accessed files when running a Sense product.  I have managed to
access it once via ActiveSync.  It will not show up on Sense itself because
HIMS has hidden other folders and files except drives (in Windows CE, drives
are listed in the root directory).
P.S.  Could we merge this list with the official HIMS notetakers list?
Cheers,
JL