[braille-sense] Version 6.1: Braille Display and Control Characters

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:46:58 +0100

Hi Everyone

Peter and I both have the BrailleSense Plus QWERTY models, on which we have
loaded the latest version of the firmware.  We have noticed that the braille
display no longer seems to use all 32 cells.
If a line contains 32 cells, the 32nd cell is displayed on its own.  A
workaround for this is to set the Line Length in the Braille Layout of the Word
Processor to 30.

I am sure this did not happen with the previous version.

Also, following on from a thread a few weeks ago, the latest version is
supposed to allow one to input and search for control characters.  I have not
manage to make this work.  I would be interested to know if it is
possible.  I think it only works on Braille documents, but am not sure how HIMS
define a braille document.

Pele