[braille-sense] Re: Typing and moving

  • From: Daveed Mandell <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 13:33:00 -0800

When you say you have been typing in grade two in a textrile, what do you mean? In other words, had you saved it as a textfile previously? When you first enter the word processor and start typing, what file type is the default? Thanks.

--Daveed--At 07:58 AM 12/2/2006, you wrote:

I'm glad I can contribute rather than asking for help.  I feel like I'm
wearing out my welcome!

Daveed and others, I have been typing in grade 2 in a text file.  I hope
that's okay.  It seems to be.  However, if I type something that has to
remain as ascii, I place the begin computer braille and end computer braille
around the content.  For example, if I want to write my amateur radio call
sighn, K1STM, I first enter dots 4 5 6 3 4 6 then write the K1STM in
computer braille followed by dots 4 5 6 1 5 6.  Maybe there's an easier way
to accomplish the task but I don't know it.  When I simply write the call
sign in computer braille without the begin and end computer braille symbols,
it comes out keastm because the translator thinks it's a word not computer
braille.  When I switch grades to ascii, that call sign and others read
correctly and when switching back to grade 2 they also read correctly in
grade 2 braille.

I'm still wondering why I cannot copy and paste a document into a different
folder.  When I get to the paste, it says "deactivated".  I'll figure it out
as I am stubborn and will not give up.

I am going to write my shopping list in my unit today and go back and forth
between the calculator and list.  I'm getting there!

Okay.  That's enough for this lengthy ramble.  Have a great weekend!

Anne West
anne_k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AM