[braille-sense] Re: Software question

  • From: "Easy Talk" <easytalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:30:51 -0400

Hopefully anyway now.

Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daveed Mandell" <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 9:43 AM
Subject: [braille-sense] Re: Software question

Speaking of programs, I hear a new update to the BS is quite near. Is that true? Thre is talk going around about a new database app, and more file conversion possibilities, among other things.

--Daveed--At 02:42 AM 10/18/2006, you wrote:

Hi Toni,

The Braille Sense can sync with the computer if you are using Outlook for contacts. The reason you can't run all CE apps on the Braille Sense is because it is a closed system. You can not install apps on the unit. It doesn't actually have a screen reader on it. The programs written by hims are self voicing applications that use text to speech. All programs get installed with the OS each time the unit is updated. The Braille Note uses this same technique and the PacMate is a open system which is why some apps don't work on it if there are no scripts for Jaws-CE version.

Hope this helps, Robert