[braille-sense] Next updateq

  • From: "Clydestout" <clydestout@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 23:36:16 -0700

Does anyone know when the next software update is coming out?

Also, why can't we users of the Braille Sense have as much user storage as is
available on his little brother, the Voice Sense. It just doesn't seem fair
that we pay more for a Braille display and then get less storage capacity?
Could you maybe do something about that?

Also, the word Processor needs to be enhanced, in that there needs to be the
ability to bold, center, underline, etc. and you need to be able to delete
control and graphic symbols, such as  CRLF  (carriage returns and linefeeds),
alt 145, alt 146, alt 147, alt 148 and alt 151. Maybe you could make it so you
could press dots 3-5 chord (i-n) and that would make an alt press, and then you
could put the ASCII number of the graphic symbol you are trying to delete after
the dots 3-5 chord press.

In other words, let's say you wanted to delete ASCII symbols 147 and 148, which
are usually substituted for quotation marks, and you wanted to replace them
with quote marks. Well, you would press the 3-5 chord, write 147, tab over to
replace with, and write dot 5 for quote, tab over to replace all and confirm,
and voila, there you are.

Of course, you'd need to have an entry in the options menu that says, "turn
ASCII values on y/n?"

Also, web pages need to load much faster!

In addition, could you fix the Braille sense so it can recognize MHT or web
archive files and automatically open them with the web browser?

those are just a few suggestions. If I think of anymore, I'll let you know.

But all in all, it is a very fine product, and I'm glad I have one. I'll keep
looking forward to improvements that are doubtless coming in the future.

Regards,
Clyde Stout