[braille-sense] Files, mixed groups and stuff

  • From: "Anne, K1stm" <anne_k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 19:19:53 -0500

Hi all.  Well, the snowstorm we were supposed to get tomorrow is now a
dusting.  Hurray!  I hate the stuff!

Robert, you are real helpful with all our problems.  I can only speak for
myself but I have learned a lot from your posts and I appreciate it very
much.  As for moving files, I open the folder in which the file is located I
want to move.  Then point to the file and press the space bar.  A star
appears in front of the file.  I press enter-C to copy the file.  I then
press F1 to go into the program menu then enter on the file manager.  That
gets me into the flashdisk.  I open it and find the folder in which to paste
the file which should be in the clipboard.  I open that folder then press
enter-V.  I get a "deactivated" message at that point.  If I open the
original file, I can save it to a different folder with no trouble.  If I
get brave, I'll try the restore procedure.

I've had my Braille-Sense two weeks and had three lock ups.  Pressing the
restart button frees up the unit.  I don't know if it's because I am not
experienced with it or if there are bugs or trouble.  In any case, I'm still
fighting with some brain freeze but getting the hang of it all slowly.

The mixed group thing is getting interesting.  Using ham radio call signs as
examples, the translator does some strange things.  My call is K1STM.  If I
write it in a grade 2 format surrounded by the begin and end computer
braille symbols, it sometimes looks right with an ascii option setting and
sometimes it reads keanesstm.  Placing a dot 4 before the first letter after
the number seems to help.  I guess Duxbury is not good at translating mixed
number and letter groups.

Okay.  I got long winded again.  I'm out of here now!  Thanks much.

AnneWest
anne_k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx