[braille-sense] Re: Accedssing Braille Sense from the PC

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: braille-sense@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:33:59 +0000

Hello Pele,

I wonder if this could be achieved using ftp?
I don't know what would need to be in place on the sense though.

Maybe active sync or something similar would do the trick.

Just some thoughts, but no cigar I guess.

Joe
At 09:04 29/02/2012, you wrote:
Hi Everyone

I know I have asked this question before, and I have also asked it on the BCAB list, but I will try again in case anyone has any more knowledge of the problem.

Version 6.1 allows one to access shared drives on the PC. This is great as it means it is possible to copy data from a PC to the Braille Sense and stream music
from the PC.

Is it possible to access the Braille Sense from the PC? I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, and have not found a way to do this.

I would be interested to know if anyone has been able to achieve this. I know I can connect the Braille Sense using a USB cable, or Blue Tooth, or transfer
data with a memory pen or an SD card, or a compact flash card, if I had one.

Pele West