[botswanapredatorforum] Re: Fwd: Orphan lion cubs at Tsau gate.

  • From: General Manager <generalmanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: botswanapredatorforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:57:55 +0200

Hi Erik,

I am hoping that we will start applying for permits to obtain lions at Limpopo-Lipadi in the near future. I would probably submit my management plan to DWNP in January. If you know of a good reserve who have excess lions in Botswana that I could discuss the possibility of obtaining lions from, please let me know. If this is not a reality, then I would have to look at sources out side of Botswana.

I hope that you or one of the other people copied in this email will contact me privately.

Kind regards

Bradley

Bradley Schroder
General Manager
Limpopo-Lipadi Game & Wilderness Reserve

P.O. Box 204
Tsetsebjwe
Botswana

Mobile (SA)   + 27 73 668 4089
Office (Bots) + 267 724 79048
Office (SA)   + 27 76 9894 381
Fax: (SA)     + 27 86 545 5688
Email: generalmanager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: www.limpopo-lipadi.org

On 2012/12/03 01:46 PM, Kevin MacFarlane wrote:
Hi Erik

Thanks for your concern. Rob Jackson will hopefully have a look at the Cubs this week. Although we haven't got a reply there is a plan to get them to Grasslands in the short term. A new charity run by some Germans is ensuring that they will get the right attention. In the long term we can chat to Mmadi about where they could be released especially as try are not cattle killers like the others at grasslands so perhaps wildlife will look upon them kindly. There is some talk of where hey are sure lion numbers are low in the Delta.

I will post to he group when we have news.

Cheers

Kevin MacFarlane
CKGR Lion Research

On 02/12/2012, at 9:41 PM, "Erik Verreynne" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

My apologies Kevin – only now see the bottom part of the email. Will contact DWNP and look at the options.

Regards

Erik

From: *Charles & Linda* <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: 30 November 2012 21:31
Subject: Orphan lion cubs at Tsau gate.
To: Kevin MacFarlane <kalaharilionresearch@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:kalaharilionresearch@xxxxxxxxx>>

<image001.png> <http://www.incredimail.com/app/?tag=display_picture_click_me_re&lang=9&version=6295203&setup_id=7&aff_id=606430&tID=614440&addon=IncrediMail&upn=bc8a7174-caf4-4c27-853f-47526ecf70a1&app_test_id=0>

Hi Kevin

I don't know if you are still in Botswana,I have e mailed Lars as well,but I got an auto reply that he would only be back in the office on the 3rd.

We were told by Fanie from Hana mining,that there are 3 orphan cubs +- 3 months old,being held in a small cage at Tsau gate.

Apparently they were found by Wildlife in the C.K.G.R sitting next to their dead mother. They were captured and brought to their camp at Tsau gate a while ago.

Fanie was there on Wednesday,and he says they have got food and water,but they are very dirty and don't have much space to move around in.

He asked them what was going to happen to them?and they said that they were waiting for a decision from Wildlife in Ghanzi.

We are very concerned about their well being,and were hoping that you are still here or that you can contact someone to go and check up on them and maybe help find them a better home to go to,or you can please give me contact details of someone we can

get hold of via e mail.

Hoping to hear from you soon!

Regards

Linda

Ps,Did you ever find out what happened to Mogotho? We have still not seen him or his brother. Dolly and 3 of her big cubs came back last month,and we are very happy that at least 3 of them survived. They are all in very good condition,just a bit worried about the 2 male cubs, as a new mature male started coming here about 2 weeks ago,at this stage they are keeping a low profile when he is around.

<image002.gif> <http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621366&did=10500&ppd=3900,201211081536,9,1,676038107693986773&rui=136159855&app_test_id=0&sd=20121130>

<image003.gif> <http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621366&did=10500&ppd=3900,201211081535,9,1,676038107693986773&rui=136159855&app_test_id=0&sd=20121130>

*FREE Animations for your email!* <http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621366&did=10500&ppd=3900,201211081536,9,1,676038107693986773&rui=136159855&app_test_id=0&sd=20121130>

*Click Here!* <http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621366&did=10500&ppd=3900,201211081536,9,1,676038107693986773&rui=136159855&app_test_id=0&sd=20121130>