[bookshare-discuss] work-arounds and thoughts about new site

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:38:11 -0500

Hello everyone,

I downloaded the Louisville Couiier-Journal today, and a few books from the new site. I have found that:

When renaming a file in Windows Explorer, don't use the extension, or one will end up with a double extension. This runs contrary to my nature, because I feel a certain loss of control with that method.

The files that come down are formattedd more correcctly. In the old days, it was neceessary to put the files in a text editor and resave them in order for them to read properly on the Braille Lite M40. This is no longer necessary.