[bookshare-discuss] Re: wish list request

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 17:49:27 -0600

I'll second this request. Smile. These are good books, in the Nancy Drew or Trixie Beldon type of way.

I'd like to request especially:

1. Cherry Ames, Army Nurse (1944): Cherry joins the Army Nurse Corps, serving at a base hospital in Panama. 2. Cherry Ames, Chief Nurse (1944): Still an Army Nurse, Cherry is promoted to chief nurse and organizes a hospital on a Pacific island. 3. Cherry Ames, Flight Nurse (1945): Cherry is based in England and flies missions to help evacuate wounded soldiers.
4. Cherry Ames, Veterans' Nurse.

These four stories are set in a section of history that is almost lost and forgotten (military nurses in WWII).

Judy s.

Jamie Prater wrote:
Hi, all, I have recently learned about a set of books about a nurse named Cherry Ames. One author started out writing them and then gave copyright to another author, so I'm not sure which author to list, but the NLS only has them in handcopied braille--high demand, low quantity of copy, and when it's gone, it's gone, and hard records from way back, and they recalled their record players. This seems to be a really good set of books about a nurse. Some of the titles include Cherry Ames, Veteran nurse; Cherry Ames, Boarding School nurse; Cherry ames, Cruise Nurse; Cherry Ames, Jungle nurse, and there are several others. I think these would add nicely to bookshare and hopefully will be easy scans. Have a blessed day, thanks in advance, and happy scanning/proofreading.