[bookshare-discuss] Re: trouble browsing books with the new site

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:35:36 EST

Thanks for the thanks. It's about time someone here had something nice to say
to me for a change.

When I got my Stream I had trouble too, and everyone here was telling me not
to use the Stream. I think I know why. When one gets used to doing something a
certain way over a very long time it seems really easy and if another way
comes along that might have more steps to it then the new way seems cumbersome,
and it probably is cumbersome for someone who is really good at doing it the
other way. I, however, was new to transferring files. The companion may have
more steps to using it, but everything is laid out in a logical way and labeled
well. That makes it easier for me than the way they were trying to teach me. In
fact, I never did learn the way they were trying to teach me. I now don't use
the companion for every transfer I make to the Stream because for some
things, like the NLS downloads, I can just follow the prompts and download
directly
to the SD card, but for Bookshare books it really is the best solution for me.

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: trouble browsing books with the new site
Date:
1/24/2009 10:14:25 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
dhubb100@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Roger,

Thanks for this e-mail regarding where to put files with the Victor Reader.
After many hours of trial and error and rereading your e-mail, plus the user's
guide, I've finally been successful at transferring a book.  Using Stream
Companion, it is easier and now, it works.  I'm off to read now but wanted to
send this input.

-Diane

block quote