[bookshare-discuss] Re: trouble

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:56:03 -0600

Hi Amber:
I read all my bookshare books with open book.  I have version
6.1 so I don't know if 7 has differences in how one goes about
reading a bookshare book.
First, I created a setting in openbook named "bookshare" this
setting has a directory c:\bookshare books as its default
directory.
First, I use the unpack tool to unpack the book and put the
resulting files in my bookshare books directory.
Having gotten the book I then open openbook and open the daisy
file.
hit control-O to open a file and tab over files of type. go down
until you come to "daisy books:" or alternatively hit hit
control-end which takes you to the bottom of The list and up
arrow once to daisy books.
You can than back tab to the list of books in the directory and
arrow down to the one you want to read.
It is true as Gerald says that the page brakes may not all be
there, but when you are reading a novel, I don't see that as
much of a problem.
I generally  save the book as an *.arc file in my documents
directory before I start reading.
open book has an easy to use bookmark feature, hit F9, which
saves in the *.arc format.  So I can read for a while and mark
my place and go back to the place next time.