[bookshare-discuss] Re: the new bookshare site

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:57:34 EST

I think the practice is called planned obsolescence. Despite its name, that
is, the word obsolescence preceded by an adjective, it is not a type of
obsolescence. It is a type of scam. It is a practice that just keeps those
profits
coming in.

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: the new bookshare site
Date:
1/10/2009 12:15:14 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:
rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

My concern is that technology companies make devies and then orphan them.
Of course, technology changes, but why can't Humanware, for  example, simply
provide a minor upgrade to allow Bookshare files to be unzipped.  I am not
saying  that should provide major upgrades forever, but since upgrade prices
are expensive, and the screen reader is  much more expensive than the
computer, in many cases, is that  too much to ask?

I have a computer, and the problem will not really hurt me.  I also have an
MPower, but I believe that these companies should think more in terms of the
individual than just agencies that buy these devices.  End of rant.

  Put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the Subject line.  To get a list of

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)