[bookshare-discuss] teacher request list

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:23:40 -0700 (PDT)

--Anastasia,

To date I know of two Teacher Request Lists. Bookshare
had one the organization had obtained from teachers. I
got that last a couple of years ago. recently I've
started to compare with the collection and update the
list because some people wanted me to send it.  The
other list was prepared by a member or volunteer who
is part of an Assistive Technology team from OCPS (not
sure which school district that is). She'd posted here
that they had a list and not all the books were on
bookshare. I requested the list and she sent it to me.
A few months ago I checked the list against the
collection and sent it to Rui, who incorporated it
into his lists. I also sent it to people who requested
it. They're the ones who said they'd like the other
list when it's ready.

If you have some books you'd like to see in the
collection, send the list to Rui. He can compare it
with the list he has and perhaps can remind scanners
that there are books recommended or required for
students that bookshare doesn't have yet. I was
planning to do my scanning from those lists, but then
I started filling requests, and then I decided to
validate, since the need seemed to be there.

I did note, Shelley, that at one point you said you
were going to scan Black Like Me, which is on what I
call the original Teacher Request list, i.e., the one
I got from bookshare.  I've gotten down to the D's in
checking the list and it isn't in the collection, if
you're still interested in doing it.

http://mail.yahoo.com