[bookshare-discuss] Re: symbls vs words

  • From: "Kathy Hester" <kathyruth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:31:08 -0500

I agree with Mayrie.  You can't possibly please everyone, and asterisks are
frequently used as dividers anyway.  Screen readers or other readers, such as
Victor or Book Port can always be slowed down some, or punctuation levels can
be increased.  Most of the time, if a division is called for, it is apparent
from context, so if you miss the slight pause, you can still understand what
has taken place.  That context deduction also goes for end of picture
descriptions and such, too.

Kathy