[bookshare-discuss] Re: see long synopsis a waste and frustrating

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 03:47:46 -0500

I want to second this opinion. I hate "see long synopsis" descriptions almost as much as I hate the "none" designation.

A synopsis is usually easy to write even if you haven't read the entire book. I've been assisting Allison Hiliker in writing synopses for publisher quality books, and believe me, it's easy, and can be fun. I've found several of those books I'd like to read, not because of the title or author, but because of the short descriptions I find on the internet.

The short synopsis is a way to advertise your work. It introduces a reader to the writing skills of the authors, and the patience and care of the submitter and validator. (That's us folks.). Gone are the days when any scanned book was admirable, because books were so valuable. Now, books are valuable for themselves... what they have to say ... what they make us think. And, I, for one, consider it an honor to introduce my fellow readers to these valuable products of our efforts, and I want to do them justice. And, "see long synopsis" doesn't do them justice, in my opinion.

Thanks.
Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>