[bookshare-discuss] Re: searching for public domain books

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:54:41 -0700 (PDT)

I can see that it would be helpful if "public domain"
were added as a category.

I can see why  you're confused, Olitta. Under the
International Users ... section there are these lines:

" ... Our international visitors can download any of
the public domain material from this website. *These
books can be accessed through the standard website
search functions (public domain search results
indicate that membership is not required for
download).*

When I read that I get the impression that all one has
to do is put in "public domain" and  one will get a
list -- but where to put it? I tried under title and
author and no luck. Where should one do a public
domain search on the site?

Cindy

--- Olitta Fa'apusa <olitta@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> PLEASE, could I get somebody's help, on finding a
> list of "public domain" books only, as I'm an
> international user of bookshare.
>
> At the moment, I'm searching using random words,
> then looking for "public domain" books within these
> results.
>
> When I tried searching for the words "public
> domain", there were no results.
>
> There is no category called "public domain", and I
> couldn't find any (pd) books, in the categories I
> did search.
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions, or am I already
> going about it the right way?
>

> Hope to hear something soon.
>

> Thank you all
> Olitta