[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanning books

  • From: "Duane Iverson" <diverson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 18:10:36 -0500

Ann. you wrote " Why not spend the money for System Access and get free
upgrades?   Why give Shylock that pound of flesh every year?"
Because JAWS and Social Security are joined at the hip and I work for Social Security.
I have been harnessed to that sledge since JAWS 4.5.
I got the demo of system access and loved it.
SA has two problems, 1, it doesn't work with my power Braille 40. Yes that one, the one I got with VERT back in the DOS age and 2 SSA doesn't use it. Interestingly enough the individual who trained me on JAWS thought SSA should have gone with Window eyes instead.

Duane Iverson