[bookshare-discuss] Re: scanner

  • From: "Peter Scialli" <peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:16:37 -0500

Judy,
    I didn't realize that the Fujitsu didn't have Mac support.  Sometimes,
they'll package the samed device with the Mac software and give it a
slightly different model number. I wonder if that could be the case here.
I'm not all that familiar with the current crop of flatbed scanners, but the
Epson 3170 is enjoying a good reputation at just over $100.  I hope this
helps.

Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
Associate, Technical Projects
The Benetech Initiative