[bookshare-discuss] Re: registration problem

  • From: Dronvor <dronvor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 22:02:28 -0500

Well, we got my problems resolved today. So now all I have to do is wait for the NLS check to be finished then.......

Fun Time!

Thanks for the help!

Dronvor

At 01:53 PM 9/3/2007, you wrote:
Hello, Dronvor. I'm sorry that you've run into trouble with registering for Bookshare. I wonder if something is wrong with the Bookshare website. You may find it helpful to send email directly to <mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . Their office is probably closed until Tuesday because of Labor Day. John Glass provides customer support for Bookshare and is a truly helpful person. He can get things straightened out for you pretty quickly. I think Robert mentioned that applying for Bookshare is a 3-step process. First you fill out a registration form, then Bookshare verifies your disability, and finally you pay for your subscription and have full access to the website. It usually takes a week or two to verify your disability if you use NLS to verify it. If you use a doctor or other qualified professional, you can fax or mail the form to Bookshare. I hope some of this information is helpful to you. Take care, and have a nice Labor Day.

Monica Willyard

Dronvor wrote:
Greetings all!
I tried the links on the page to contact some one but haven't heard back so far.

Friday morning I tried to join Bookshare but I kept getting page not found all the way through the registration process and kept having to go back a page to re-enter info.