[bookshare-discuss] paragraphs

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:31:07 -0600

Hi,

I've found that sometimes scanned books will linespace once for
paragraphs, and sometimes double space, but it isn't consistent
throughout the books. I prefer it when they double space, because then
the braille translators translate those as the regular paragraphs with
the two-space indent that all of we braille readers know and love. So
what I've started doing is a search and replace for linebreaks
(backslash n) no spaces between those, and replace every linebreak
with two linebreaks. Then I go back and find all of the instances of
four linebreaks, replacing those with only two, etc. Any thoughts on
this?

Pam