[bookshare-discuss] Re: [other] Re: OTr Is Available For Free

  • From: "boomerdad" <boomerdad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 19:39:20 -0700

Yes, and I just wanted to throw two more cents in here just to reinterate
that nothing I said about the 160kbps-or-more encoding negates anything you
just said.  I was indeed blown away by those disks, I am about to gladly
renew my membership to First Gen Radio Archive, and have no problems
collecting OTR on normal CDs.  I was merely suggesting that if one wished to
use MP3, it did not necessitate bad quality.  However, if you want a vast
*quantity* of shows in MP3 on a single CD ... well, that, my friend, *does*
necessitate inferior quality, and the results are anywhere from what you'd
normally expect from OTR (based on the average listener's experience) to
just plain attrocious and unpleasant to listen to.