[bookshare-discuss] Re: old vs new

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:09:00 -0600

Hi Ellen,

Your questions are interesting.  Now that I have become acccustomed to using
a refreshable Braille display, I prefer it to paper.  The dots do not rub
down no matter how many times one reads something, and you don't havce to
worry about wrinkling the paper, carrying large volumes, and do not need the
storage space that Braille books require.  You may get other opinions, which
is what you want I think.

As for the feel of the dots, the dots seem plainer with a refreshable
Braille display than with paper.  However, I still get some Braille
magazines, and still write and read Braille from paper.

Hope this helps,

Sue S.