[bookshare-discuss] ocr software

  • From: "Tina B." <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:29:19 -0700

Hi. I at the moment have a very old reading edge which can't really handle reading my mail anymore never mind a book or magazine, so, I am thinking of parting with it, and of adding on my list of things to get not right awauy, but at some point a new scanner and software and fine reader was mentioned on a bookshare list quite a while back and I was wondering if anyone uses it and how people feel about it, how easily it works with jaws. From what I can gather it is only $149, and if I remember correctly, scanners are 1 or 200 dollars or maybe less now it has been a very long time since I've looked, but couldn't believe the price on thisg it sure beats 1500 or something and wanted people's thoughts on it. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Natalia Sulca" <youngbeautyqueen@xxxxxxxxxxx>

From: tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: OT: NLS Narrators (was: Re: Re: comments on Publishers Phase Out Piracy Protection. . .)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:35:29 -0700

I feel like that about Mitzi Freedlander's voice. Very bad! I would either
speed the books up and chip munk them to get through them faster, or just
read them another way and thankfully for me, she hasn't read anything
they've sent me in quite a while.