[bookshare-discuss] Re: (no subject)

  • From: "Susan-Marie" <susanmarie9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 06:42:12 -0700

Hi Cindy,
This is Susan-Marie Huang. I hope you are the Cindy of which I am thinking, otherwise, I'm going to feel pretty silly. If you are, I hope you are better and I want to let you know that I do miss your updates of the new books added to Book share. The reason I'm writing today is to ask about an email I received from you today. I'm not sure why it was sent to me considering I am only on the oh dear, you know, the regular bookshare list not the one for volunteers or anything like that. The message I received is just below this one. Can you clarify? Was this an accident or perhaps a cross post? Just curious and confused. *grin* Thanks for your time and look after yourself.
Susan-Marie Huang
Co- founder of
www.blindness-awareness.info
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> To: "roger bailey" <roger.loran.bailey@xxxxxxxxx>; <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 11:26 PM
Subject: (no subject)

That's a good idea, Roger. It would also solve the problem that arises occasionally when a person thinks hits reply intending to reply to the person who wrote whatshe was responding to only to realize too late that he was responding to the list. I think you should send your idea to the new volunteer coordinator, Scott R.@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Maybe the engineers can figure something out.
Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

From: Emily Harrison <greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] A Request for Fewer Off-Topic
Messages
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 4:16 PM

Hi everyone,

I would like to politely request a lessening of the
off-topic discussion on this list. I joined this list in
order to keep in step with the evolving nature of
volunteering for Bookshare. I completely understand and
appreciate that off-topic discussion helps bring a volunteer
community closer, but I am finding it very difficult to keep
up with the posts actually related to volunteering lately,
as there are so many completely unrelated messages mixed in.
A multitude of other online venues exist where it is more
appropriate to chat about holidays, musicians, birthdays,
politics and other such subjects, but this list is pretty
much the only place to chat about volunteering for
Bookshare. In the interest of continuing to make
volunteering the great experience it is, I hope that most of
the off-topic discussion here can be posted elsewhere. I am
not trying to point fingers or be a downer, nor am I asking
for a removal of all off-topic discussion, but
the sheer volume of off-topic posts lately has simply been
overwhelming. Thanks for reading!

-- Emily Harrison
greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
line. To get a list of available commands, put the

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5021 (20100412) __________

http://www.eset.com