[bookshare-discuss] new tools?

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:14:10 -0500

Hello everyone,

I just had a brainstorm, but I don't know if it makes any sense.

Many ofus like the interface of the old Unpack tool. Things could simply be done in few steps. Could Bookshare design an unzip tool with a similar interface. That is, it would allow one to rename the book and delete the zipped copy while in the program.

Also, for the Braillenote: There is a menu choice called Run Program. I think this is only used at present for updating the unit. However, I am wondering if an Unzip tool could be written that would take advantage of this functionality.

For the Pac Mate, since it runs programs that aren't produced by FS, are there Unzip utilities that work on it?