[bookshare-discuss] Re: new title

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:19:49 -0400

Hey sounds fantastic!  Scan it!

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

- Helen Keller

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marvin De Young" <marvdy@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 4:03 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] new title

In the late '40s I took a course in Greek culture and we had to read the
book :Immortal Marriage" which opened up to us what Greek Culture was in
reality.  The setting is ancient Greece where the Parthenon was always in
view.  The characters were Pericles and his wife Aspasia and Socrates was a
frequent visitor to their home and there were other important characters as
well.  At one time I owned a copy of the book which had been signed by the
author.  As I remember the book was published in the 1920's but I could well
be wrong on that.

I want to reread the book and have ordered a copy on inter-library loan from
our college library and will have it soon.  When it comes I would like to
scan it for the list if that would be all right.

Marvin De Young

marvdy@xxxxxxxxxx

7:09 PM