[bookshare-discuss] Re: new

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:11:16 -0700 (PDT)

Kasondra, Welcome.

Cheryl  explained nicely how what you can do as a
volunteer. To add a bit, the credits she mentions are
money that go toward your annual membership. You get
50 cents (not enough, we all agree, but then you are
able to keep the book files that you've validated) for
each validation that's approved ($2.50 for each book
scanned) toward you membership, so whenand if you
reach the $50 your next  renewal is free.

Also, you have to apply to be a member. I think that's
what Cheryl means by the volunteer form. It takes a
little while to be approved -- perhaps a little longer
if Marissa is out of town, but be patient.

Again, welcome, and to repeat what Robert said,
everyone is very willing to help at any time.  Enjoy.

CIndy

http://mail.yahoo.com