[bookshare-discuss] Re: lucky with nls

  • From: "Julie & Miss Mercy, avon representative" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:44:43 -0400

Hi, Rita. I agree. That is how it should be. As a child, your parents should be involved in what you're reading. My parents weren't. They knew I loved to read, and I wasn't into nasty stuff, anyway. I just didn't like to read too many kids books all the time. I wanted something more challenging. In cases like that, sometimes I wish they would have just gotten permission from my Mom to send me whatever I wanted. She would have granted it and at least as far as NLS can go, I would have been a lot happier. <smile> Take care.

--
Julie Morales
http://juliemorales.avonrepresentative.com/

rita weyler wrote:
    Hi Judy et all
I have been very lucky with the NLS libraries I have used. One librarian felt the number of cassette books I was allowed to have out at one time was too big. I didn't let her change the number. I keep a huge request list. I am also set up so I can order books myself using my computer. Some libraries also allow you to check your patron record. You can see how many books you have out, how many are on your reserve list and in some states you can also see when a book is due back. I think the only time anyone paid attention to my reading level was when I was a kid. Looking back I think people, usually my parents were paying attention to age appropriateness. That is how it should be.
Rita