[bookshare-discuss] Re: how to

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

Cindy, Sue, et al

I think that right now, without a volunteer co-ordinator in place, there
is little direct communication to the list from hq.
That communication from hq is why a lot of us read the list.
And without substantial feedback from hq, at the moment, the list
naturally falls into a happy talk sort of mode.

Personally, I filter my email lists into folders focusing on those
folders, at a given time, that seem to have the most important traffic for
me at a given time.
Right now, the BookShare lists are not my high priority reading lists as
compared to some others.
That could change at a moment's notice; and that's the beauty of mail
filtering rather than deciding, on a whim, whether to unsubscribe or going
nomail at a given time and place
and then guessing when is a good time to resubscribe.

People see a given list in different ways; and sometimes the same list
will havedifferent meanings for me at different times.