[bookshare-discuss] Re: history

  • From: "Kasondra payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:02:09 -0600

When I was in high school, I had to do A PAPER on a biography.  Since my
husband, (who was my high school sweetheart), is a distant relative of
Winston Churchill, I selected a book written by William Manchester.  It was
the first The Last Lion book which goes from his birth to 1932.  I had to
order it on tape from RFB and D, and it took forever to get through.  If
Bookshare had been around, I could have downloaded it and finished it a lot
faster.  Of course the technology didn't really exist in 1992.  Manchester
has several books including this one on Bookshare.  He is a great writer of
history.

Kasondra Payne