[bookshare-discuss] Re: en dashes

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:14:51 -0700 (PDT)

I was going to agree with you, Kellie, because   going
up to the Insert file and inserting the symbol every
time I think is more trouble than is necessary. But
then I found the keystroke combination for it, and
thats a cinch.

I don't know if this will carry over to the discussion
mail, but here are samples of the difference --
hyphen, en dash and em dash, copied from a Word
document and pasted here:  - ? ?

I may start using it where those sources said just so
I learn the different uses, which, even though I
taught high school English for a year and was a copy
editor for a several years I didn't know.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail