[bookshare-discuss] Re: e: Re: e: Re: wishlist

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 14:31:50 -0700 (PDT)

I am uploading Guarding the Secrets right now. It will be on step 1 shortly.
This book has numerous typographical errors which I left in the book. Some
examples are:
  suprise
possibilites
Then's
pentitentiary
affadavits
We'e (instead of we've)
futher (instead of further)
suppposed (instead of supposed)

  So please don't think I poorly scanned this book. I left them exactly as they
are in the print version.

  Here is the description from the back cover:
  From Chapter One
[Cliff checked his watch. It was nearly eleven, about the time Tina had
promised to meet him. As he looked up, there she was, bouncing along, waving to
him as she left Wendy's. Just before midnight the young couple was heading
toward Tina's apartment. . . . As they stopped in the parking lot for Tina to
retie her shoelace, Cliff said, "I'll walk you to the door."
"No." Tina was adamant. "That's all right."
"I'll stay then till you get into the house." Cliff was worried. There were no
lights on in the Isa apartment and by this time of night her parents were
always home from their corner grocery store.
"Yeah, wait fifteen minutes," Tina said. "If there's any trouble?I'll come back
out." She was afraid. She had left a note on the television set in the living
room that she had started a job and would be back after eleven. She had not
wanted to tell her parents ahead of time about her job. No one in her family
had ever worked outside the family
store. . . .
Tina knew that her parents would be difficult tonight. [Her father] Zeit, in
particular, did not understand her dreams of being independent and American. To
him, everything should remain as it had been before he had emigrated from his
little village in the West Bank back in the early 1950s.
As Tina walked up the steps to the apartment complex, Cliff watched her. His
eyes followed her up the stairs to the landing and as she knocked on the door.
Her mother opened it, for they had taken away Tina's keys weeks earlier.
Turning-her head, Tina looked down at Cliff and smiled. He knew she could not
wave to him with her mother standing there. If we catch you seeing Cliff again,
we'll kill you, her family had screamed at Tina.
Cliff waited. He walked down to the building to make certain Tina had turned
the light on in her bedroom and was all right. He sat on the concrete steps a
while, but the light never went on.
He walked home. Maybe she's in the kitchen fixing something to eat, he thought.
Or they're arguing in the living room. As he walked several miles to the bus
stop on Grand Avenue, an ambulance passed him about one A.M.
That stuck in his mind for years.

Everyone needs something on ebay. When you do, please use my link. Thanks!

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Murder on Monday - Ann Purser