[bookshare-discuss] children's book submitted

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 01:39:05 -0700 (PDT)

I was looking for a book I?d enjoyed as a child, the
title of which I thought was Tales of a Donkey. I?ve
since ascertained that it was The Adventures of a
Donkey, which is for sale at Alibris for $75 ? used.
Unbelievable! So far I haven?t found it in a library.
I?ll have to see if it?s on PG.

Anyway, I found a book entitled The Tale of a Donkey
which I got from the library. It?s not the one I had
as a child (it was published in 1966 ? long after ),
but it is a nice book about an animal for children ?
it combines features of Black Beauty (cruel owners,
nice owner) with a courtroom scene reminiscent of
Miracle on Thirty-fourth Street,  I enjoyed
scanning/prevalidating it and I think you and/or your
children will enjoy it. It should be a quick and easy
validation. Did any of you read it as youngsters?

http://vote.yahoo.com