[bookshare-discuss] Re: bookshare-discuss Digest V2 #174

  • From: "Monica Ballard" <MBallard1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:45:18 -0400

   The format of the audio tapes is a radio interview along the lines of
PBS's All Things Considered. Since the exchange was conversational they
talked about the words rather than spell them.  When talking about
apostrophes they would say things like, "brothers apostrophe "S" or brothers
"S" apostrophe".

Monica

That's probably it, Monica, because the humor is
retained in the book. I laughed or chuckled a lot. But
I'm curious -- how did the audio book handle the
apostrophe section? Did it spell out the words used
incorrectly in signs, for example, e.g., i t ' s and
i t s, and B r o t h e r ' s vs B r o t h e r s ' ?

Cindy

     BBC Audio has produced an audio book called, Eats, shoots and leaves
cutting a dash - the radio series that inspired the hit book.  I enjoyed it
a lot more than the book.  Perhaps I tried to read the book too fast and
missed the subtle humor that made the audio book so much fun.

Monica

'

------------------------------

Date:Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:11:38 -0500
From: Stacey Robinson <stacey.robinson1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: uestion about the new search functions

I'll try this and see what happens.
Stacey

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 10:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Eats, Shoots, and Leaves

 Perhaps I tried to read
> the book too fast and
> missed the subtle humor that made the audio book so
> much fun.

That's probably it, Monica, because the humor is
retained in the book. I laughed or chuckled a lot. But
I'm curious -- how did the audio book handle the
apostrophe section? Did it spell out the words used
incorrectly in signs, for example, e.g., i t ' s and
i t s, and B r o t h e r ' s vs B r o t h e r s ' ?

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

End of bookshare-discuss Digest V2 #174