[bookshare-discuss] Re: bookport?

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:21:09 -0500

Joanie,

I've had a BP for a year and a half now and it is far and away my favorite
piece of access technology.  It's about the size of a small remote control
for a tv or vcr.  The speech is the double talk synthesizer and it's quite
good enough.  In fact, I read almost exclusively text material through it
even though it will also handle recorded  audio books and music.  I suggest
you join the BP email list to have your questions answered.  go to the
American Printing House web site at:

http://www.aph.org

and search for Book Port under their products section.  I think you'll find
as many of us have that either a book port or book courier combined with
book share will significantly  improve your quality of life.  Lou