[bookshare-discuss] Re: audio books abridged..

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:10:17 -0800 (PST)

I'm sure you're right, i.e., that sighted people get
the audio books to listen to in their cars. But since
they're not going to finish one book in one trip
anyway, more than likely, what difference should it
make whether the book is abridged or complete? My
friend and a couple of other people I've met in our
bookstore recently won't take abridged books, though
obviously, from the rate at which they are borrowed
from the library, a lot of people don't care. But I'm
not sure if they notice that the book is abridged.

Cindy